Saturday, March 1, 2008

I miss my friend

People often ask us, "Are you really as happily married as you seem?" Well, the answer to that is Absolutely.


It may sound sappy, but this woman is my world.

It's 3:39 AM on night 11 of her being gone, and once again I find myself unable to sleep. Torn by my selfish desires that I need her home, and the understanding that she is there as mother to the rest of our children. I struggle to find a comfortable routine. It's not the fact that I am trying to handle my list of obligations, as well as hers. It's not the fact that if it weren't for Hardee's, some men would starve. As a matter of fact, caring for our children and the absence of a domestic partner doesn't phase me one bit. On the contrary, I am quite enjoying the time that I must make to actually stop and spend the time often forsaken with our children. To me, it's just that a piece of me is missing when she is not by my side.

So, I'm not sure if I will actually publish this post, but I'm thinking that it's cheaper than a shrink.

I love you, Michelle. The kids are fine, but I miss my friend.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I miss you too, honey! I love you dearly! Indeed we are THAT happy!

It is so hard to be torn between two worlds. Wanting to be with our whole family and especially with you. I thank God everyday for you!
With each passing day, I pray our Lord will show Himself mighty and bring us together very soon!

I love you and I miss your arms around me!

angela said...

wow. okay, but can you get him together with papa judah for some talking?

thanks, jeremy, for your incredible example! may the Lord bless you!

Shannon H. said...

Glad Gary and I aren't the only freaks out there who really LOVE being married to each other.

MAN, I love your wife's hair... so annoying. It just never looks bad.

What is a Hardee's?

Jeremy said...

Yes, I do love this woman, and her hair, and, well...

Focus...

Hardee's is a man's life support in the absence of a cook. They serve beef burgers. You know, not the fake soy / tofu type things you're used to. 1/2 a pound of cow butt stuffed between to bread things with some jalepenos and more. That's how we roll in the mid-west.

I'm getting hungry.

Kristina said...

ok I ahve made the whole house come running to see why I am cackeling!

Jeremy your sense of humor ROCK!!!!

instead of a "beef patty" I was picturing a cow's but litterally. Ahhhh the overactive imagination!

Kristina said...

Shannon, Todd said out where you are from Hardee's is called Carl Juniors.

Kathy Eden said...

Love the cow visual Jeremy! It is awesome to see the love you both have for each other just ooze out of your pores. Randy & I want to be like the both of you when we grow up :o)

Jeremy said...

Who said anything about growing up? We're still on our honeymoon.

Kathy Eden said...

:o)